A little while ago, we posted a Mobile Friendly Forefront TMG Forms Based Authentication template to make logging into internal sites protected by Forefront TMG easier on phones and tablets.
Soon after we added a template specifically for Exchange OWA and thanks to some community contribution (thanks ablanken!), fixed some bugs to do with the public/private network setting.
With the release of Exchange 2013, we thought we’d create a new mobile friendly authentication template in the new Exchange 2013 Outlook Web App style.
Here’s what it looks like for both Desktops and Mobiles:
To use the new template:
- Download the new template package here, or from the GitHub repo. The package contains three templates; ISA, Exchange and Exchange 2013.
- On your Forefront TMG Server, copy the existing Exchange OWA Template folder at: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway\Templates\CookieAuthTemplates\Exchange
- Call the duplicated folder ‘Exchange2013’ (or whatever takes your fancy). You should now have a folder here: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway\Templates\CookieAuthTemplates\Exchange2013
- Copy all files in the Exchange2013\HTML folder in the above template package zip into the HTML sub-folder of your new ‘Exchange2013’ folder (replace the existing files). Feel free to replace Logo.png with your own custom logo.
- In your TMG Management console, edit your desired Web Publishing rule and go to the Listener page. Click Properties.
- On the Authentication page, ensure HTML Forms Authentication is selected.
- On the Forms Tab enter Exchange2013 (you don’t need to enter the entire path, just the word ‘Exchange2013’ without the quotes)
- If you used the Exchange Publishing Wizard in Forefront TMG, you also need to go to the Application Settings tab and enter ‘Exchange2013’ in the ‘Type the custom HTML for set directory’ edit box.
- Apply the changes.
- Restart the TMG Firewall Service (yeah, I know… Unfortunately TMG Caches these pages and restarting the service is the only way to clear it as far as I know).
Enjoy and we look forward to hearing what you think in the comments!