Last Updated 2018-05-21
Fastvue takes the privacy of your data seriously. We are people too and will always treat your data the same way we would expect other companies to handle our own data, and that of our families.
How is your data collected?
Fastvue collects data in two ways; Actively and Passively.
- Actively collected data is information voluntarily provided by you by submitting a web form, activating our software, or by communicating with our company and it is obvious what data you are volunteering.
- Passively collected data is information collected behind the scenes such as the pages you visit on our website, or the advertising campaign that brought you to our website.
We do not use passively-collected information to determine your identity. Your identity is voluntarily provided by you, via an ‘active’ method.
More specific details on the methods we use to collect data are described below.
When you download Fastvue or WebSpy software, request a quote, or submit any other web form on fastvue.co or webspy.com, the information submitted in the form is collected. Generally, this will include:
- Your first and last name.
- Your email address.
- Your company name.
- Your phone number.
- Your country.
Certain forms request other information, such as the number of users in your organization, your preferred partner if requesting a quote, or your credit card details if purchasing the software.
Fastvue utilizes some third party organizations to collect and process this information in a secure, compliant manner. For more information, see the section Who Fastvue shares your data with below.
Passively Submitted Information
Advertising Campaign information that is not visible on our website forms may also be submitted along with the visible information in our web forms.
- Campaign Name
- Source (e.g. Google, Bing etc)
- Medium (e.g. Paid Search, Organic Search, Referral)
- The search term you entered into search engine that bought you to the site.
- The content of the Advertisement that bought you to the site.
- Your Public IP Address
- Browser Type
- Internet Service Provider Address
- Referring page
- Operating system
- Date/time stamp when you submitted the form
Once you have purchased our software, you will receive a license key that needs to be entered into the software in order to activate it on your server.
In our Fastvue Reporter products, during activation, we collect:
- License Key number(s).
- The Public IP Address and host name of the server you are activating the software on.
- The Computer Name you are activating the software on.
- Peak number of users in the past 30 days.
- Average number of users in the past 30 days.
- Peak number of devices in the past 30 days.
- Average number of devices in the past 30 days.
- Number of Users and devices for each day in the past 30 days. We just collect the count of users and devices, not a list of actual usernames or devices.
- Date/Time of the Activation
In our WebSpy products, during unlock code request, we collect:
- The information entered into the registration form (includes name, email, company name and serial number).
- The Netbios Computer Name you are activating the software on.
- The product version and build number.
- The Date/Time of the unlock code request.
Cookies and Beacons
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Most web browsers also allow some control of cookies through browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Web beacons (tracking pixels) are tiny transparent images embedded in ads on web pages to track how many users visit our website or view our digital ad to help us understand how users are interacting with our website.
Web Beacons and Cookies in Use:
Fastvue provides you with control over the non-essential cookies and web beacons used on our website in our Privacy Center. We currently use the following cookies and beacons:
Other essential services in use that may set cookies:
- Formstack (Our form builder software). Without Formstack, you cannot view or submit any forms on our website. Privacy Information.
- Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager is used to manage and serve the above beacons throughout pages on our website. Without this, we cannot control which beacons or cookies to enable or disable. Privacy Information.
Web Server Logs
For statistical purpose, Fastvue may collect website usage information and store it in log files. These logs files will contain standard information collected by web servers, such as client IP address, browser type, internet service provider, operating system and the like. This information is used internally to administer our website and to gather demographic information about our user base.
Fastvue API / Web Services
Fastvue and WebSpy’s software call out to Fastvue’s API servers to check for, and download, updates to software and configuration files. Fastvue’s API / Web Services do not collect any personally identifiable information, but the web server(s) serving the web requests will log standard information, such as the public IP address and public host name of the server that the Fastvue or WebSpy software is installed on. These log files are used to analyze how the Fastvue API and Web Services are performing.
If you contact Fastvue for support, we may request information about your system, software diagnostic information, or the data you are analyzing in order resolve your issue.
This information is usually submitted to us via email, or via our large file upload form.
How and why Fastvue uses your data
Directly collected information on our website is important to us to make sure you receive all the information necessary to use our products and services. You have landed on the Fastvue or WebSpy website and performed a ‘positive action’ by downloading the software or requesting pricing information, so we need to be able to contact you to provide you with the software or information you have requested.
Your voluntarily submitted contact details are used to:
- Provide you with Fastvue’s products and services (such as processing payments, and creating and sending product license keys).
- Respond to your requests and questions.
- Communicate updates to our products and services.
- Communicate issues in our products and services.
- Communicate best practices and useful ‘how to’ information about Fastvue’s products and services, and the firewalls / web gateways our products support.
- Request your involvement in improving our products and services.
- For our staff to communicate with you directly.
Information collected during software activation is used to ensure our software licensing agreement is adhered to, and that license keys have not been publicised or shared with the wrong people.
Data submitted to us in a support request is used purely for troubleshooting and resolving software issues. Your data is shared with members of our support and development teams only, and is never shared externally. In any rare situation where it is required to share your data externally, this will only be done with your express permission.
As mentioned, we use third-party services, cookies and beacons that may collect information about you or your such as the advertising campaign that resulted in you finding our website, and submitting a form (what we call a conversion).
Passively collected information is important to us to make sure we’re not wasting our money or time on marketing methods that don’t work, or building web pages that no one looks at. This allows us to focus our efforts in the right places, and build better products and services for you.
Passively collected information is used to:
- Provide us information about website usability, user interaction and number of users.
- Track and analyze trends and patterns to improve our website and online ads.
- Help us identify you as a repeat visitor.
- Provide you information on our products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Provide you with more relevant advertising online.
- Manage and track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
- Gather demographic information about our user base.
How does the data we collect affect you?
If we have collected direct information from you, you may receive emails from Fastvue to update you on our products and services, and emails or phone calls from employees at Fastvue to make sure you are happy with our software and to answer your questions or issues.
If we have collected passive information from you, you may see advertising messages from Fastvue when visiting other websites. This data is not personally identifiable but does make up the statistics Fastvue uses to analyze website activity. For example, your browsing activity on our website will count towards the ‘number of sessions’ and ‘number of unique visitors’ on our website.
Who Fastvue shares your data with
Authorized service providers
Fastvue uses some authorized service providers to collect and store your data.
For example, the data you submit in forms on our website is collected securely in the form builder software we use, before it is securely posted to our customer relationship management software and our email marketing provider.
Fastvue only uses authorized service providers that guarantee compliance with the GDPR, and where we have signed a binding Data Processing Agreement (DPA) with them.
We may share your personal information with authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include:
- Providing customer support
- Providing customer relationship management (CRM)
- Fulfilling orders
- Processing credit card payments
- Providing email marketing
- Reselling and distributing our software
- Providing marketing assistance
- Performing business and sales analysis
- Supporting our website functionality
- Delivering packages
Although these service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, they have entered into a contract that requires them to use your Personal Information only for the provision of services to us in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
Individual Fastvue employees also have access to the data you have submitted to us, either actively or passively. We have policies in place to ensure your data remains secure and confidential and is never shared with third-parties without your express permission.
For example, if you click on ‘further information’ link on one of our blog articles, you may be taken to a website that we do not control.
We recommend that you consult the privacy statements of all third-party websites you visit by clicking on the “privacy” link typically located at the bottom of the webpage you are visiting.
How You Can Access Your Information
If you have any questions about the data we have collected from you, you can make a subject access request, or request erasure (forget me), using the options in our Privacy Center. Or contact our Data Privacy Officer directly at [email protected]
Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information
When you submit your details on our website, you may be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages and/or newsletters about product updates, improvements, special offers, or containing special distributions of content by us.
At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us by using the Unsubscribe option in our Privacy Center.
You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt-out of receiving such messages in the future. Please allow up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure.
We want you to feel confident using our website and our software. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/ for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
In addition, such postings may appear on other websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting. Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable web pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address or share it with another user, you may receive unsolicited messages.
We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you post or otherwise share with other users, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information.
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Visiting Our Websites from Outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to Contact Us
548 Market St #7145
San Francisco, CA 94104